The creation of a support council for JCI was provided under the provisions of the Group’s December 2016 renewal amendment. It was established in September 2017, and held its first meeting in October 2017.
Why a support council within JCI?
- To improve the recognition of JCI and its work on the periphery of the legal community by promoting and leveraging its achievements;
- To support the work conducted by JCI’s operations team in project design and possibly in identifying experts;
- To work on the production of summary documents reporting on the activities conducted and their results.
The council is comprised of a dozen volunteer experts from a variety of backgrounds, covering all the themes encountered most often in projects:
- Ms Laure BELANGER, Judge, director of the Foundation for Continental Law
- Mr Jacques COMBRET, Honorary Notary
- Mr Michel DOUMENQ, Honorary Judge, member of the “Prisoners Without Borders” association
- Mr Paul-Albert IWEINS, Lawyer, former President of the Paris Bar, former President of the National Council of Bars.
- Ms Elisabeth JOHNSTON, General Delegate for the French Forum for Urban Security (EFUS)
- Philippe LEMAIRE, Prosecutor to the Court of Cassation, former Attorney General of Amiens and Chairman of the Board of Directors of ENAP
- Mr Hervé MAGRO, former Consul of France in Jerusalem and Istanbul, currently director of the archives of the MEAE
- Ms Sylvaine PERRUZETTO, University Professor, specialising in commercial law and European law, special advisor to the Court of Cassation
- Mr Paul ROCHARD, judicial officer
- Ms Marguerite ZAUBERMAN, Honorary Judge with ten years of service to the Bank of France, mediator in banking and commercial cases, member of the scientific committee of the National Institute of Auditors.
The support council will be growing more and more robust over the coming months. Its future publications will be made available here.