CALL FOR MID-TERM MONITORING EXPERTS – Bosnia and Herzegovina
EU4Justice – Support to the Fight against Organised Crime and Corruption in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Call for Mid-term Experts – Monitoring
This Project, funded by the European Union and implemented by the GIP Justice Coopération Internationale (JCI), aims at enhancing the effectiveness, integrity and professionalism of the institutions in the ‘Rule of Law sector’. It will help improve the cooperation between judiciary, prosecution and law enforcement agencies (LEAs) and increase the efficiency of investigations in organised crime as well as corruption cases. The Action will also strengthen capacities regarding human resources and performance management as well as disciplinary frameworks and procedures.
The project started operations in February 2019 for an overall duration of 24 months.
The GIP – Justice Coopération Internationale (GIP JCI), on behalf of the French Ministry of Justice, is the Implementing Agency upon awarding of the grant contract financed from EU’s Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA II).
JCI is looking for a Mid-term Monitoring Expert to ensure M&E – from design to implementation (adjustment) to closeout, set out integrated monitoring and evaluation instruments and support the Project’s Team to define Goals, Results, Objectives, Outcomes, Activities to ensure -later on- measurement of progress and impact assessment.
The Monitoring Expert will be deployed in Sarajevo 10 days before the end of the inception phase to ensure proper structuring of the project monitoring system, then 5 days every 3 months for a proper check-up of project activities implementation before each steering committee meeting and 10 days at the end to ensure proper reporting at the end of the project.
He/She will work, under the overall coordination of the Team Leader, in close cooperation with the beneficiary country institutions in the ‘Rule of Law sector’ – in particular the HJPC – and other Key Experts in order to implement the carry out his/her duties.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant area.
- At least 10 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of programmes, preferably governance and justice related in developing countries
- Familiarity with international context and post-conflict and developing societies
- Relevant experience and knowledge of EU Rules and Procedures and EC Logical Framework
- Experience and knowledge of the socio-political context of Bosnia and Herzegovina would be an asset, in particular in relation to the justice sector
- Proven capacity to effectively collect, analyse and evaluate information
- Ability to organize and synthesize information in a systematic manner
- Excellence in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate in the local language (B/H/S), would be an added advantage
- Initiative, ability to work independently sound judgment and good interpersonal skills.
Duration: 50 w/d
Position: Monitoring Expert
Deadline for applying: 31 March 2019
To submit your application, send your CV and Cover Letter to :
Ms Valentina Salvato firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please send an email or give us a phone call at this number: +33 (0)1 44 86 06 60.