EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – Jordan
JCI is looking for an executive assistant for the Programme Coordination Unit of the Support to the Rule of Law Programme in Jordan
In order to support the Government of Jordan efforts to consolidate the Rule of Law, the European Union and the French Development agency AFD will provide Budget Support and Complementary Support (also called Technical Assistance).
The latter aims at assisting the Jordanian Authorities in achieving the following specific objectives (SO), with the support of different implementing partners:
|EU Budget Support||SO1: Contribute to enhance the independence, accountability and specialization of the judicial power; Implemented by the French Agency Justice Coopération Internationale (JCI), on behalf of the AFD.SO2: Support the improvement of caseflow management, effectiveness and information efficiency in the criminal justice chain; Implemented partly by the German Agency GIZ and partly by UNODC.SO3: Contribute to improve the management and public service delivery in the Justice Sector; Implemented by the Spanish agency AECID|
|AFD grant||SO4: Develop & modernize civil (and commercial) cases procedures & enforcement of decisions, including support the construction of the unified Civil court and Chamber of Commerce. Implemented by the French AgencyJCI, on behalf of the AFD.|
The technical assistance programme started operations on 3 May 2019 for an overall duration of 42 months. It will be supervised by a Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) based in the Ministry of Justice in Amman. The PCU will provide assistance with organising the steering committee meetings and working groups; collecting data from SO1, SO2 (GIZ input) as well as SO3 (AECID input); facilitating the programme coordination with all the counterparts, ensuring publicity and public outreach, etc.
The PCU will be headed by a Team Leader, supported by an executive assistant and an interpreter/translator, all contracted by JCI. A communication officer will also be part of the team (contracted by AFD).
JCI is looking for a full-time Executive Assistant to ensure full administrative support and efficient functioning of the PCU.
Job description / Missions:
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, and the JCI project manager based in Paris, the assistant will handle the following tasks:
- Liaise and communicate with a wide range of counterparts, under the close supervision of the Team Leader and JCI project manager;
- Support the organization and updating of project documents, administrative files and records;
- Support the organization of professional travels for local and international experts (logistics, invitations, visas, etc.);
- Manage and update project information resources, including databases and contact lists;
- Support the organization and scheduling of a wide variety of meetings, conferences, and events (prepare guest lists, track invitations, take notes, help prepare minutes, etc.);
- Write emails, letters and any other correspondence in Arabic / English;
- Make appointments, answer calls, communicate about the project, support public outreach;
- Help prepare public relations materials and reports;
- Provide support to any other administrative tasks and procedures.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree (the areas of management, political science or law would be an asset; degree from an English-speaking school/university would be a plus too);
- Fluent in Arabic and English- Knowledge of French is an asset;
- Ability to liaise and cooperate/coordinate with a wide range of juridical/legal institutions and parties;
- Ability to organize events and meetings;
- Sound calendaring skills and ability to manage a comprehensive schedule involving numerous parties;
- Sound database management, information management, knowledge of Office software and IT skills;
- Familiarity with development project management and governance procedures, including reporting and monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent drafting skills, good presentation, dedication, punctuality, good interpersonal skills, good communication, ability to manage many tasks simultaneously, ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment;
- Knowledge of the Jordanian judicial/legal system and the key institutions, or experience working with these institutions, would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience with European Union or development projects would be a strong asset;
- Willingness to engage in limited professional travel if necessary, and work flexible hours.
Salary: according to profile and experience
Duration: Maximum 42 months (depending on effective start of the contract)
Location: Amman (Jordan) – Ministry of Justice
To submit your application, send your CV and Cover Letter (1 page maximum for Cover letter) in English before Tuesday 21 May, 19:00 to Ms Laure DEZES: firstname.lastname@example.org