INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR – Jordan
JCI is looking for an INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR to the EU program « Support to the Rule of Law in Jordan »
In order to support the Government of Jordan efforts to consolidate the Rule of Law, the European Union and the French Development Agency AFD will provide Budget Support and Complementary Support (also called Technical Assistance).
The latter aims at assisting the Jordanian Authorities in achieving the following specific objectives (SOs), with the support of different implementing partners:
|EU Budget Support||SO1: Contribute to enhance the independence, accountability and specialization of the judicial power; Implemented by the French Agency Justice Coopération Internationale (JCI), on behalf of the AFD.SO2: Support the improvement of caseflow management, effectiveness and information efficiency in the criminal justice chain; Implemented partly by the German Agency GIZ and partly by UNODC.SO3: Contribute to improve the management and public service delivery in the Justice Sector; Implemented by the Spanish agency AECID|
|AFD grant||SO4: Develop & modernize civil (and commercial) cases procedures & enforcement of decisions, including support the construction of the unified Civil court and Chamber of Commerce. Implemented by the French AgencyJCI, on behalf of the AFD.|
The technical assistance programme started operations on 3 May 2019 for an overall duration of 42 months. It will be supervised by a Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) based in the Ministry of Justice in Amman. The PCU will provide assistance with organising the steering committee meetings and working groups; collecting data from SO1, SO2 (GIZ input) as well as SO3 (AECID input); facilitating the programme coordination with all the counterparts, ensuring publicity and public outreach, etc.
The PCU will be headed by a Team Leader, supported by an executive assistant and an interpreter/translator, all contracted by JCI. A communication officer will also be part of the team (contracted by AFD).
JCI is looking for a full-time Interpreter/Translator to ensure interpretation and translation support to the PCU.
Job description / Missions:
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, and the JCI project manager based in Paris, the Interpreter/Translator will handle the following tasks:
- Translation of legal documents, analytic papers and expert reports;
- Translation of administrative documents;
- Translation of public relations and outreach materials;
- Interpretation Arabic to English and vice versa at meetings, conferences, and events;
- Support note-taking and minutes-taking;
- Ensure interpretation during face-to-face meetings;
- Any other translation/interpretation-related task which will be of use/relevance for the implementation of the project.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in translation/interpretation and/or a specialization in any legal subject;
- Total fluency in Arabic and English written and spoken;
- Proven experience in translating/interpretation from Arabic to English and vice-versa for at least three years;
- Excellent knowledge of Office software;
- Justice related working experience would be a strong asset;
- Experience with European Union or development projects would be a strong asset;
- Experience working with official institutions or civil society organizations would be a strong asset;
- Knowledge of French would be an asset.
Salary: according to profile and experience
Duration: Maximum 42 months (depending on effective start of the contract)
Location: Amman (Jordan) – Ministry of Justice
To submit your application, send your CV and Cover Letter (1 page maximum for Cover letter) in English before Tuesday 21 May, 19:00 to Ms Laure DEZES: email@example.com