Strengthening efficiency, accountability and Transparency of the Judicial and Prosecutorial System in Kosovo – KS 14 IB JH 05 R
CALL FOR EXPERTS – SHORT TERM
This Twinning project, funded by the European Union and implemented by the Italian High Judicial Council (Consiglio Superiore della Magistratura – CSM) in partnership with JCI, aims to improve the implementation of reforms in the judiciary and prosecutor’s offices, as well as to enhance the effectiveness of the Judicial (JKC) and Prosecutorial (KPC) councils and the Kosovo Special Prosecution (SPRK).
The project started operations in October 2016 for an overall duration of 30 months and a budget of 3 MEUR.
In this context, the Groupement d’Intérêt Public – Justice Coopération Internationale (GIP JCI), on behalf of the French Ministry of Justice and the French High Judicial Council (Conséil supérieur de la magistrature – CSM), is Junior Partner within the Consortium led by the Italian CSM.
In order to ensure the implementation of planned activities, JCI is looking for Short Term Experts to carry out one or more Technical Assistance missions in Kosovo.
In this capacity, the expert will be deployed for an average of 5 working days. He/she will work under the overall coordination of the Project Leader and in close cooperation with the two Resident Twinning Advisors (two Italian members of the judiciary seconded full time to Prisitina) and beneficiary country officials – in particular the staff of the Judicial Council, the Prosecutorial Council and the SPRK – in order to implement project activities in accordance with the requirements set by the Twinning contract and contribute to the achievement of the mandatory results.
- at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of justice
- perfect command of French and English
- Excellent drafting skills
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer and IT tools
- Experience in international technical assistance missions, particularly in the Balkans, will be considered an asset.
Additional skills in one of the following areas will be considered as an asset:
- In-depth knowledge of technical, legal and judicial cooperation
- Human resources management
- Computer/IT tools in the judicial field
- Court management
- International cooperation in criminal matters
- Inspection of judicial services
- Gender equality
- Appointment of judges, organization and capacity building of the Judicial Councils, etc.
Period: 2018 -2019
Duration: 5 working days on avarage
Position: Short Term Expert
Deadling fro applying: 28 February 2018
To submit your application or for further information, please contact Mr Axel Gamet email@example.com and Ms Valentina Salvato firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a phone call at the following number: +33 (0)1 44 86 06 60.