To contribute to strengthening the rule of law by improving the administration of justice, efforts to combat corruption and money laundering, and respect for human rights. In particular, increasing the accessibility and effectiveness of justice by strengthening the capacity of the Judicial Training Centre (CFJ) and improving the functioning of the judiciary by providing institutional support to the Ministry of Justice.
Via the following intervention areas :
- Improvement of the training of actors and capacity building at the CFJ,
- Oversight of computerised legal procedure management systems, effectively operationalising the professional applications set up in the pilot jurisdictions, in particular for criminal case management,
- Empowering court administrators and strengthening their management capacities, in connection with specific support provided to the Judicial Services Directorate and the General Judicial Administration Inspectorate,
- Coordination among the different actors in the criminal justice system at all stages of the proceedings,
- Reinforcement of the control apparatus for corruption and money-laundering.